Learn with Linda! Our summer reading program is designed to encourage elementary-aged children to keep reading during summer vacation. We hope to prevent the “summer slide” so children will go back to school this fall ready to read and learn .
The benefits of summer reading programming for children:
• Children are motivated to read.
• Children develop positive attitudes about reading, books, and the library.
• Children maintain their reading skills during summer vacation.
• Children have access to experiences that further their sense of discovery.
• Children have access to experiences through which they can learn to work cooperatively.
Plus, it’s FUN!
Saturdays at 11:00 AM
- July 1 ~ Build
- July 8 ~ Discover
- July 15 ~ 5 Senses
- July 29 ~ Transform
All programs are subject to change
Our summer reading program is supported in part by Federal Library Services and Technology Act funds, awarded to the New York State Library by the Federal Institute of Museum and Library Services.